With the latest Instagram update; Instagram Shopping, you can tag your products by converting your company’s Instagram profile into an online store where customers can buy with one click.
Step-by-step installation of Instagram Shopping
- Create your account in the Facebook Business Manager and link it with your Fan Page
To perform this configuration, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to Facebook.
- Enter the Facebook Business Manager and click on “Create account” on the top right.
- In the pop-up window, enter the requested data and click “Next”.
- Complete the information in the form, including the address of your Website”, keep the option “Promote your products or services” checked and click “Send”.
- Click on “Done” on the confirmation poster, and you will be in your Commercial Administrator.
- At the bottom of the Commercial Manager screen, click on “Add page”, Then, click again on the “Add page” within the “Add your page” section.
- Place the link to your Facebook page, and immediately a sign with the name of your page will appear. Select it, and click on the “Add page” button at the bottom right.
- Click “Close” in the pop-up window, and you will automatically become the administrator of your Facebook page.
- Activate your website on Facebook.
To enable the functionality on Facebook, you need:
- Enable your website on Facebook
- Add the first product manually
- Then add the product catalogue
2.1 Enable your website on Facebook on your Fan Page,
- clicks on “Settings” in the upper right corner.
- Select “Templates and Tabs” from the menu on the left.
- In the default tabs look for “Store”.
- Click on “Add a tab” towards the bottom of the page:
and. Find the option “Store” and click on “Add tab.”
2.2 Add the first product manually
First, you need to add a product manually to configure the product catalogue. You delete this first product that serves only to enable the functionality, and thus it will not be duplicated.
- Go back to your home page on Facebook and click on the ‘Shop’ tab you’ve added.
- Accept the conditions and policies for merchants and click “Continue”.
- Select the option “Pay on another website” and click on “Continue”.
- Select your local currency, and click “Save”.
- In the welcome message, select “Add product”.
Complete the product’s necessary information (photo, name, price, description and URL of your website). If you want, you can put it as “Unpublished” for being a test product. Then save the changes. The product may appear as “In Process” as it has to go through a validation process.
- Install the Instagram application and update it to its latest version.
- Link your Instagram profile with the Facebook Business Manager.
Go to the Commercial Manager of your Facebook page and select the name of your business in the drop-down menu on the right,
- Select “Business Configuration” at the top right.
- Click on “Instagram Accounts” in the “Accounts” section.
- Click the “Add” button on the main page.
Enter the username and password of your brand’s Instagram account and click “Next”. If you have two-factor authentication, you may experience an error in this step.
In the next window, click on “Skip” and done!
You will see a confirmation and welcome message. You just need to wait for the confirmation from Instagram that you already have the functionality active to start tagging your products. This process can take several weeks.
- Tag your products from Instagram.
Before doing this last step, you need to have received a notification from Instagram confirming that you already have the functionality available in your account. This process can take a few weeks.
Follow these steps to activate the option to include products from your Instagram application:
- Go to your profile and select the Options icon.
- Then the Settings icon, After the Company.
- Then Shopping. This option will only be available for accounts that have been approved to use purchases on Instagram, Select Continue.
- Choose the product catalogue that you want to link to your company profile, then Close.
- If the Purchases option does not appear, it is likely that your account is still under review or has not been approved to use this feature.
- The publications will be seen on your followers’ wall, with a symbol of a bag, which we can select to see the tagged products, just like when ordering people.